Sunday, January 25, 2009

Education

Yesterday, my oldest child asked me whether I thought it was better to go to co-ed school or a same sex school. I pondered the question a good while because I am really unsure how I feel about it. I had the opportunity to do both. Most of my schooling I went to public, co-ed schools but I graduated High School from St. Mary’s Episcopal School, which was at the time, an all girls school. I really enjoyed not putting makeup on, worrying about what I was wearing and just going to class to focus on the subject. Even though it was all girls school a lot the girls did still put on makeup and worry about what they were wearing, but not me. I made really good grades that year. But as my daughter asked, "How do you learn to get along with boys if you’re not around them a lot?" Good question, I said. I guess I liked the way I had did it - a little bit of both.

No comments: