Friday, December 12, 2008

Financial Woes Affect School Board Policy

I have been watching the situation unfold with the School Board with a mixture of disappointment and reluctant acceptance. My children, like so many in Pinellas County, go to a school we were able to chose a few years back rather than the one closest to our home. As the school system faces this unparallelled budget crisis I have sympathy for the members trying to figure out ways to literally cut millions of dollars and still educate these children while at the same time I share the frustration of so many parents who took the time to learn about all the schools in our area and pick the one best suited to our family's needs. Now after we are so invested in our school having to move next year is very sad to think about. Then again I know these times might call for drastic changes and we are literally all in this together. So what ever happens we will adapt.

No comments: