Wednesday, June 18, 2008

News

I am a news junkie. I know the news channel numbers on my cable box by heart and the truth is I consider nothing more satisfying than devoting a solid hour reading the paper from front to back. My Husband frequently sends me e-mail updates of interesting news items and many of friends and other family members let me know where and when the latest was heard. I have often thought that if I hadn't become a lawyer I would have wanted to be a journalist. In fact, my Grandparents, ran a local newspaper when I was a kid. During Junior High I was lucky enough to get to hang out at The Pender Post after school with them and travel Burgaw with my Granddaddy in search of some interesting scoops. The paper's office was right downtown across from the Courthouse where we frequently traveled to see what was going on or talk to those "in the know." Mostly though people seemed to just stop by their office and tell them what they had heard. Despite the town's small size, I was absolutely enthralled and rapt with attention at what was gonna happen next! One interesting blog containing up to the minute legal interest items is the Wall Street Journal's law blog. Try it and let me know what you think.

No comments: