Friday, September 5, 2008

Long range planning

For those of you that have taken any Myers-Briggs type personality tests, you know that one of the things they examine is whether you are future or past oriented. I am truly future oriented. That trait spurs me to work proactively evaluating and planning my clients' cases. It also got me thinking last night why, as a nation, we did not see the "energy crisis" coming and plan better. I wonder if we can do better with the global warming crisis that may be around the corner, if not already here. Long range planning can seem complex or unnecessary in our culture used to immediate gratification but I sure think we can do better. Of course, the main planning I will be doing over the next 2 weeks is keeping my eye on those hurricanes out in the Atlantic. I recommend wunderground.com as a good source on the projected computer models.

No comments: